This is an archive of all my skydiving documents, especially my logbooks. They cover the period from August 1987 when I made my first jump at Strathallan to early 1999 when I inadvertently made my last jump, not logged.
My time as a skydiver has distilled down over the years to a few stories I would find myself telling again and again. It was nice to find the entries to them in these logs, for me at least. It was these, and me getting self-conscious telling them after they were 10 years old, that lead me to take up hang gliding.
- 0090 – 07/05/1990 – Turners Falls, MA – Landing off in a clearing in the trees
- 0137 – 18/08/1990 – JSPC Hong Kong – Jumped from a Lama Helecopter
- 0278 – 21/03/1992 – Strathallan – Icing up in a CU Nimb
- 0336 – 07/11/1992 – Strathallan – Seeing strobes fade after night exit
- 0353 – 03/06/1992 – Strathallan – TOTAL MALFUNCTION
- 0365 – 03/04/1993 – Stirling – Demo exit over Wallace Monument
- 0520 – 19/09/1993 – Gap, France – nose cut on ice after exit covered in blood
- 0587 – 06/11/1993 – Peris, CA – Set fire to the swimming pool
- 0623 – 25/12/1995 – ZHills, FL – Jumping while really stoned
- 0878 – 12/04/1995 – Eloy AZ – Passing an eagle on opening
- 1149 – 04/08/1996 – Weston – Loss of altitude awareness in a big way
My PD Sabre 190 and the purple Javlin I bough new with my student grant some time around 1990.
Landing my PD Stiletto 135 at Weston-on-the-Green some time in the late 1996/7/8, later I would have a 120, I loved landing these things, it was so easy… Looks here also that I was landing after an attempt and head down – something quite new then. That suit was an old ballon suit given to me years before by Eddy Evendon, but that was then held together with duck tape as a mouse had eaten quite a bit of it while it had been stored in my caravan over the winter.